Animals are divided into two categories: Domestic Animals and Wild Animals.
Domestic Animals are either Livestock or Breeding animals. Fame wise, breeding animals counts towards leveling one of the specific animal breeder skill, while the livestock fame doesn't. The Breeder specialties are the following:
- Chicken Breeder
- Goat Breeder
- Goose Breeder
- Sheep Breeder
- Pig Breeder
- Cow Breeder
- Horse Breeder
- Ox Breeder
- Rare Animals Breeder
Wild animals are useful in Albion's economy for their offspring or for their skin
Most of the wild animals are aggressive and will attack players that enter aggro range.
All Wild Animals can be killed and skinned. Some of them have a chance to drop a baby animal which can be raised in a kennel or pasture depending on the animal type.
The following animals have the chance to drop a baby:
- Adept's Giant Stag has a chance to drop Adept's Fawn
- Direwolf has a chance to drop Direwolf Pup
- Master's Giant Stag has a chance to drop Master's Fawn
- Swamp Dragon has a chance to drop Swamp Dragon Pup
- Direboar has a chance to drop Direboar Piglet
- Old White has a chance to drop Mammoth Calf
If you find a baby animal you can either sell it in the Auction House or raise it if you have unlocked the needed Animal Breeder level in the Destiny Board. After raised the tame animal can be either sold or saddled.
The other wild animals are hunted purely for their skin and they are called hide animals.