Hellgates are portals that are dropped once a player or group of players has found and defeated a Hellgate Guardian mob. There are three types of Hellgates in the world of Albion:
- 2v2 Lesser Hellgates (found in Blue zones)
- 2v2 Greater Hellgates (found in odd tier red and black zones)
- 5v5 Greater Hellgates (found in yellow zones and even tier red and black zones)
Lesser Hellgates are safe while Greater Hellgates are full loot.
The 2v2 Hellgates are accessible by up to 2 players and the 5v5 by up to 5 players. When a group kills the mob found near the map marker, it will spawn a porta. Only members of the group that killed the mob may enter. If a solo player kills the mob, only the solo player can enter even though there are more spots open.
The 2v2 Hellgates have 3 potential entrances, 3 minibosses, and a loot chest. Once all of the minibosses have been slain, all players present in the Hellgate will get a notification that the central chest will spawn in 2 minutes.
The 5v5 Hellgate maps have 5 potential entrances, 5 minibosses and a central boss. Once all of the minibosses have been slain, all players present in the Hellgate will get a notification that the boss will spawn in the center in 2 minutes.
Only 2 teams may enter a single Hellgate and the portals will be located in different maps. Hellgates have a very high chance of PvP and are unique in Albion because they are the only activity that is both pvp and pve oriented. Final boss or chest drops Black Market loot. The team that survives will not only get the loot from the boss, but will also the gear of the opposing team.
Starting with Oberon Patch 5 all Hellgate Guardian mobs remain in place indefinitely until a player or group of players kill it to spawn the entrance portal. Hellgate Guardian mobs have fixed locations on the maps.
- 2v2 Greater Hellgates spawn only in odd-tier red and black zones (i.e. T3,T5,T7)
- 5v5 Greater Hellgates spawn only in even-tier red and black zones (i.e. T4,T6,T8)
- 2v2 Lesser Hellgates (found in Blue zones) - knocked down, lose 10% of durability and inventory
- 2v2 Greater Hellgates (found in yellow, red and black zones) - pvp death / kill
- 5v5 Greater Hellgates (found in yellow, red and black zones) - pvp death / kill
Item Power Caps
Hellgates found in the Blue and Yellow Zones have a soft IP cap of 700, everything after that is reduced by 80%.
Hellgates found in the Black and Red Zones have a soft IP cap of 1000, everything after that is reduced by 50%.