As with all other game elements, resources are divided into eight tiers
To gather any resource, an appropriate tool of no lower than one tier below than that of the desired resource must be in the player's inventory (not necessarily equipped)
Tier 4 - 8 resources may be found in normal, uncommon, rare or exceptional qualities. To harvest a resource of uncommon, rare or exceptional quality a tool of the same tier as the resource must be used
The more dangerous the zone, the higher the tier of resource that can be found:
- Blue zones contain tier 2 - 4 resources and tier 3 enemies
- Yellow zones contain tier 3 - 5 resources and tier 3 & 5 enemies
- Red zones contain tier 4 - 6 resources, tier 5 enemies, and tier 6 Aspects
- Black zones contain tier 2 - 8 resources and enemies
All zones contain tier 1 resources.
Types of Resources
|Resource type||Tool / Building||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5||Tier 6||Tier 7||Tier 8|
Resource nodes are the interactable objects from which resources can be gathered with their respective tools
Resource nodes spawn randomly in zones according to their biome
Their spawn point will be stationary for one day, from when the servers first come back online after scheduled maintenance (starting at 10 UTC), until the next scheduled maintenance. After that, every spawn point is randomly selected from a batch of potential spawn locations unique to the cluster.
There are two types of resource nodes - normal nodes and big nodes. Big nodes only have a chance to spawn in the place of a normal T7 or T8 resource node, and contain significantly more charges. (These are identical to the pre-queen T7 & T8 nodes).
Over the course of the day, the charges in normal resource nodes recharge slowly, depending on the tier, according to the chart below:
|Tier||Max Charges||Fastest to Slowest Respawn|
|2||9||5 to 15 minutes|
|3||9||6 to 17 minutes|
|4||6||7 to 24 minutes|
|5||5||12 to 38 minutes|
|6||5||67 to 203 minutes|
|7||3||3 to 11 hours|
|8||2||9 to 29 hours|
Big resource nodes spawn with full charges, according to the chart below:
|Tier||Max Charges||Fastest to Slowest Respawn|
|7||23||33 to 101 hours|
|8||27||36 to 110 hours|
Every resource node except hide nodes can exist as either a stationary node or an attackable enemy (which spawns according to the primary resource in the cluster, for example, fiber attackable enemies in swamps). Hide nodes will always be attackable enemies. Gathering from killed attackable enemies is faster than from stationary nodes.
More information about resource mobs, aspects and bosses can be found in their article.
Besides normal attackable resource enemies, there are also larger boss monsters called aspects which can spawn in place of a T6 node of the primary resource in a biome
Aspects are boss monsters that usually are balanced for small teams of players, rewarding their slayers with a 500-charge T6 resource node, which harvests at 5x charges per tick.
Aspects can also spawn enchanted, or randomly become enchanted, or lose their enchantment just like any other resource nodes
Resource Outcrops and Bosses
Some zone maps will have icons called resource outcrops. Around these, you will find an increased amount of nodes. They will also spawn a resource boss, not to be confused with an aspect, which can spawn anywhere in accordance with their biome. If you find a resource boss and kill it, you can note its respawn time will be precisely 48 hours from then on.
All resources can spawn enchanted. For fiber, hide, ore, and wood, weapons, and armor crafted with the enchanted refined resources will be stronger, their Item Power increasing by 100 per enchantment rarity. In contrast, the enchanted stone is treated as multiple unenchanted stones for refining purposes, as there are no enchanted refined blocks (uncommon stone is worth 2x regular stone, rare worth 4x regular, and exceptional worth 8x regular.)
Enchanted resources spawn in three varieties excluding unenchanted. They are uncommon, rare and exceptional, by order of increasing rarity and power. Often, players will refer to unenchanted as "flat", uncommon as ".1", rare as ".2" and exceptional as ".3". Enchanted resources can only spawn from T4 and upwards. Gathering them will yield increased gathering fame.
The rarity of an enchantment depends on the enchantment rate of the zone. It can be viewed for every zone at the top of the zone map (default key N). Detailed information about the spawn chance of every enchantment can be viewed by hovering on the indicated area.
Enchantment rates in the Outlands vary from 11-22% depending on how close the cluster is to the center of the map, and up to an additional 20% depending on the level of the territory tower in the cluster. Rates on the Royal Continent can vary between 8-33% depending on their proximity to each of the royal cities.
Related Patch Notes
|Patch Link||Date||Patch Name||Patch Notes|
|Version 1.12.365.123101||31 July 2018||Merlyn Update||Resource Redistribution: The distribution of resources by cluster has been changed to emphasize differences between clusters close to Royal cities, as opposed to those in the Outlands.
- Reworked resource colors: when possible, resources are now colored to correspond to the color associated with their tier.
- Maximum charges per regular T7-8 resource nodes increased from 3 to 9 (Tier 7) and 2 to 11 (Tier 8 ).
- Tier 7-8 resources now randomize their initial charges on respawn (between 1 and their maximum), and the overall number of nodes, as well as their respawn rate, has been increased on these tiers (offsetting laborer changes below to some degree).
- Tier 7-8 Large Resource Nodes (23/27 max charges, respectively) replaced by Plentiful Resource Nodes (30 charges), which spawn fully charged and are marked on the local map while unharvested.
- Tier 5-6 Plentiful Resource Nodes added.
- Resource mobs now always spawn fully charged; respawn rate adjusted accordingly.
- Resource Guardians can now spawn in biomes in which their resource type is secondary or tertiary (e.g. Old White can now spawn in Steppe, Forest, or Swamp). This has no impact on the total Guardians spawned.