Silver is the primary currency of Albion Online. Silver can be used for everything except purchasing cosmetic items.
Players can use silver to buy Gold, the other currency of Albion Online, and Gold to buy Silver.
Players can at all times check their silver and gold balance by opening the inventory interface <I>.
Buying silver from third parties is against the user agreement and is a punishable offence.
Making silver in Albion
Making silver is one of the major goals for players in Albion, and encompasses a large variety of economic activities. Albion uses a real player-driven market, so the potential profit of an activity varies based on several factors. The more demand a good or service has, the more risk, difficulty, or time needed, the more potential profit from an activity. In contrast, goods/services that are easy to do, low risk, and quick will generally return less.
There are numerous methods of making silver. Basically, most of the activities reward something which can be then traded for silver. However, there are activities that reward direct silver which are mainly picking up silver from the ground, using a silver bag and selling stuff. All the other methods are indirect methods because to get the silver a player must do the final step of selling stuff.
Direct Methods of Making Silver:
Picking up silver from the ground
- Whenever a player or group of players kill a mob the mob will drop a certain amount of silver, which can be picked up by the specific player or group of players who killed the mob. If the silver is picked up by a player who is in a party, all the people in the party in the proximity of the silver stash will get a share of the silver.
- Whenever a player gets knocked out, he will drop silver equal to a percentage of the repair cost he will pay to repair the equipped gear. However, this feature has been recently deactivated due to an exploit.
- Whenever a player or group of players destroys a chest
Indirect Methods of Making Silver
Some examples of indirect methods of making silver
Focus based methods of making silver
An account with premium receives 10,000 focus points a day and up to 30,000 can be stored. Focus points make several economic activities more efficient by increasing the resource return rates. Thus, any player with premium can generate silver through using focus. The value of focus is often measured in silver/focus, the amount of silver in profit you can earn for each focus point used. There are three activities that focus can be used for:
- Refining - focus will increase the resource return rates;
- Farming - focus will increase the seed or offspring yield;
- Crafting - focus will increase the resource return rates;