The Arena is an instanced PvP matchmaker where two teams of 5 players fight in a non-full-loot environment for victory.
To enter the Arena, a player should select "Activities" from the top right menu and then Arena. Alternatively, a player may visit Arena Master Joan. They will then be presented with the option to join Solo or as a group for the 5 versus 5 Arena Battle.
Groups of 2, 3, or 5 players can join. Groups of 4 cannot join the queue.
Players must wear gear that has an average of 700 Item Power. Within the arena, all gear is "soft-capped" at 800 item power, and maxes out at 900 item power. Players may join the arena queue as either healers or DPS. or they can select both roles provided that they will play the role they are given at the start of the arena.
Arena Mechanics and Rules
Each team starts in their own base tent with 150 points, waiting for the game to start. Once the game begins all 3 zones will start counting down, indicating when they are ready to be captured. Capturing a zone will deduct 10 points from the enemy team and temporarily lock that zone from being captured again. Zones will not unlock until all 3 zones have been successfully captured by either team (upon capturing all 3 zones there will be a 30 second timer until they unlock again and continue their cycle). Killing an enemy player will deduct 2 points from the enemy team, and being killed by an enemy player will deduct 2 points from your own team. The first team to reach 0 points loses the game.
- Being inside your own base tent regenerates health and energy at a fast rate.
- Being inside your tent also gives you a invulnerability shield that lasts as long as you stay in there.
- Base tents will attack enemy players that are too close or attempting to enter, dealing severe damage.
- When both teams are contesting the same zone, the capture progress will pause until all members of one team leave the zone's capture radius.
- Upon death you will respawn in your base tent after your respawn timer has concluded (dying will not reset your ability cooldowns).
Players will receive all of the following rewards for winning an Arena match (can only be collected 3 times a day/ queue type).
|3||Arena Sigil||for everyone|
|2||Expert's Tome of Insight||for everyone|
|1||Adept's Bag of Silver||for everyone|
|1000||Adventurer's Challenge points||for everyone|
|1||Adept's Tome of Insight||bonus for Healers|
Starting with Queen Patch 13 the arenas provide the following rewards
- Fame Bonus per win: 40,000
- Healers now get an additional 10,000 Fame per win via an additional Tome of Insight
- An Arena win now also gives 1,000 Adventurer's Challenge points