The Arena is an instanced PvP matchmaker, where two teams of 5 players fight in a non-full-loot environment for victory.
To enter the Arena, a player should select "Activities" from the top right menu and then Arena. Alternatively, a player may visit Arena Master Joan. They will then be presented with the option to join Solo or as a group for the 5 versus 5 Arena Battle. Players must wear gear that has an average of 700 Item Power between the pieces. Within the arena, all gear is "soft-capped" at 800 item power, and maxes out at 900 item power. Players may join the arena queue as either healers or DPS. All arena fights require at least 1 healer on both teams. DPS may run any non-healing weapon with any type of armor, so long as it meets the average item power requirement.
Arena Mechanics and Ruleset
- Each team starts with 150 points. Teams can only lose points, but not gain points.
- The first team to reach 0 loses.
- There is a base tent for both teams and players are immune to damage and CC in the tent. They will also regenerate a small amount of health and energy.
- Enemies who are near the opposing team's base tent will receive damage
- There are 3 capture zones (circles with a center stone) in the map, which can be captured by standing inside the circle.
- If captured, the enemy team loses 10 points.
- If a player dies, one point is deducted from their team's score.
- Once all zones have been captured, there is a 30-second delay until they unlock again.