|Patch Link||Date||Patch Name||Patch Notes|
|Version 18.090.1||28 July 2021||Call to Arms Patch 9||
- Zones must still be overcrowded for a minimum duration before they can be skipped, which resets regularly
- However, if the zone becomes uncrowded for a brief time it no longer resets the counter
- Also reduced personal cooldown for zone skipping: 125s → 60s
- Overall, this should reduce wait times for zone skipping
|Version 18.000.1||17 March 2021||Call to Arms Update||
- Instanced areas (i.e. Hideouts) and tunnel zones are now included in the queue functionality, meaning players can now skip overcrowded zones outside their Hideouts and can skip into tunnel zones
- Cluster Skipping is now possible when relogging into an overcrowded cluster
- The Smart Cluster Queue now also activates in all Royal Continent zones:
- This change makes large-scale Faction Warfare battles possible on the Royal Continent
- Each Faction counts as its own contingent
- Cluster Access Priority settings do NOT impact Faction-flagged players
- The queue assigns at least 50 spots per Faction, even if they are vastly outnumbered
- 50 spots are also reserved for non-Faction-flagged players, to prevent Faction players from completely blocking zones for other players
- Improved the UI for cluster skipping:
- Now all available zones are immediately selectable
- Opening the world map will no longer cancel cluster selection
- The cluster selection screen now provides more info about the cluster:
- Tier and danger level (i.e. red or yellow) of the target cluster
- Distance to the selected cluster (i.e. how many zones will be jumped)
|Version 18.000.1||17 March 2021||Call to Arms Update||
- Reflected Damage is no longer affected by any Damage Modifiers, and the following Reflect Values of existing abilities have been adjusted to accommodate for this change:
- Deflecting Spin: 80% → 100%
- Parry Strike: 100% (unchanged)
- Frost Shield: 10% → 15%
- Inferno Shield: 30% → 38%
- Protection of the Fiends: 50% (unchanged)
- Retaliate: 70% (unchanged)
- Reflecting True Damage will now cause the reflected damage to also act as true damage
|Version 18.000.1||17 March 2021||Call to Arms Update||
- Players can no longer be debuffed to the point where Healing Output is entirely nullified:
- Minimum Value of Healing Received Bonus: -70%
- Minimum Value of Healing Cast Bonus: -70%
|Version 1.17.410.184451||2 February 2021||Rise of Avalon Patch 13 (Balance Patch)||Consumable items that commonly collect in large stacks can now be used in a single click via the new Use All Button in the item UI.
- Stacks of Silver Bags will be consumed instantly and grant you the full amount of Silver
- Tomes of Insight and chests use a channeled spell, meaning the items are still consumed individually and the channel can be canceled at any point.
- The following items now have a "Use All" option:
- All Silver Bags
- All Tomes of Insight
- All Reward Chests (will display an additional window showing accumulated loot): Adventurer's Challenge Chests, Crystal League Chests, etc.
|Version 1.17.406.182620||13 January 2021||Rise of Avalon Patch 12||Smart Cluster Queue
- Updated deactivation conditions: the queue can now be deactivated in the middle of an update cycle if player numbers allow
- Players will no longer be able to skip overcrowded clusters within the first 2 minutes of queue activation
|Version 1.17.406.181307||10 December 2020||Rise of Avalon Patch 11||
Skip Overcrowded Cluster Cooldown: 30s → 125s
|Version 1.17.406.179120||16 November 2020||Rise of Avalon Patch 9||
- AoE Escalation:
- 2 Targets = 8% → 5%
- 3 Targets = 16% → 10%
- 4 Targets = 24% → 15%
- 5 Targets = 32% → 20%
- 6 Targets = 40% → 25%
- 7 Targets = 40% → 30%
- 8 Targets = 40% → 35%
- 9+ Targets: remains at 40%
|Version 1.17.406.177096||21 October 2020||Rise of Avalon Patch 7 / Brimstone & Mist Midseason Update and Hotfix 7.1||The following changes give players more control over how they set up armies for the queue. Player sorting is now done on a per-party level, meaning the system will attempt to keep existing parties together:
- Party leaders can now assign a Party Cluster Access Priority for their party as well as for individual members in the Cluster Access Priority UI (accessed via the party leader's player context menu)
- Priority Access determines the order in which parties will enter an overcrowded cluster
- This gives alliances more control over which forces are moved into the cluster and keeps party structures intact
- The Preferred Cluster Access Guild Right has been removed
- The queue now moves players from a single contingent either in or out during a given cycle, so players of the same contingent no longer replace each other
|Version 1.17.406.177096||21 October 2020||Rise of Avalon Patch 7 / Brimstone & Mist Midseason Update and Hotfix 7.1||New Disarray parameters ensure the ZvZ meta plays out in a similar way across a wide range of fight sizes, while still offering smaller groups protection from large armies:
- Disarray is no longer a flat debuff
- Instead, it reduces damage output and CC Duration when attacking targets with a lower Disarray level
- Against targets with the same or higher Disarray level, Disarray has no impact on your stats
- Damage reduction depends on the difference of Disarray levels between attacker and target - the higher the difference, the greater the effect
- Increased Disarray player cap; debuff now caps at Level 50 for 450 players
|Version 1.17.406.177096||21 October 2020||Rise of Avalon Patch 7 / Brimstone & Mist Midseason Update and Hotfix 7.1||
- Escalation now increases by 8% for each additional target hit and caps at 40% extra damage:
- 2 Targets hit = 8%
- 3 Targets hit = 16%
- 4 Targets hit = 24%
- 5 Targets hit = 32%
- 6+ Targets hit = 40%
|Version 1.17.404.173341||27 August 2020||Rise of Avalon Patch 2||Disarray (zerg debuff) curve is flattened further and now hard caps at 30% (150 or more players). Example values:
- 50 Players: Disarray Strength 18%
- 100 Players: Disarray Strength 28%
- 150 Players: Disarray Strength: 30% (hard cap)
|Version 1.17.403.172369||12 August 2020||Rise of Avalon Update and Hotfix 1, 2||
AoE Escalation max bonus: 100% → 70%
Maximum Ability Damage Increase from buffs: +150% → +100%
|Version 1.16.396.168823||22 June 2020||Queen Patch 14 and Hotfix 14.1, 14.2, 14.3||Healing Sickness (2 sources of Healing)
- The penalty for receiving Healing from 2 sources has been increased:
- Reduction in Healing Received: 30% → 35.3%
|Version 1.16.396.167506||4 June 2020||Queen Patch 13 and Hotfix 13.1||Players waiting to enter a cluster via the Smart Cluster Queue now also add to the total Disarray headcount in the cluster for which they are queueing. For example:
- Alliance X has 100 players in Cluster A
- Alliance X also has 80 players in Cluster B, 50 of whom are waiting to enter Cluster A via the Smart Cluster Queue
- All Alliance X players in Cluster A would receive a Disarray debuff based on 150 players (100 in cluster + 50 in queue)
- All Alliance X players in Cluster B would receive a Disarray debuff based only on the 80 players in the cluster
|Version 1.16.396.167506||4 June 2020||Queen Patch 13 and Hotfix 13.1||Additionally, the effects of Disarray, AKA the zerg debuff, no longer accelerate as quickly with higher player numbers. The new debuff thresholds can be seen in the chart below.
As a reminder, the following 3 attributes are affected by the debuff:
- Bonus Damage vs. Players
- CC Duration vs. Players
- Received Healing
|Version 1.16.396.165550||5 May 2020||Queen Patch 11 (Season 9 Patch) and Hotfixes 11.1, 11.2, 11.3||The following adjustments affect guilds and alliances that own 10 or more territories in the first case, and 20 or more in the second.
Siphoned Energy Drain:
The penalty still starts at 10 Territories, but now increases in increments of 3%:
- 10 Territories - 3% less total Siphoned Energy
- 11 Territories - 6% less total Siphoned Energy
- 12 Territories - 9% less total Siphoned Energy, etc.
Fame and Silver Penalty:
The penalty now starts at 20 Territories and increases by 1% per additional territory:
- 20 Territories - 1% reduction in Silver and Fame earned from open-world PvE and activities
- 21 Territories - 2% Penalty
- 22 Territories - 3% Penalty, etc.
|Version 1.16.396.165550||5 May 2020||Queen Patch 11 (Season 9 Patch) and Hotfixes 11.1, 11.2, 11.3||
Item durability loss now scales based on the number of players who attacked the victim. This change will only apply in areas where player vs player combat is lethal, and does not apply in the following cases:
The chart below shows the increase in durability loss per additional attacker. (Note: items with durability loss are not destroyed, but are also not usable until they are repaired.)
- When all players involved in the kill are faction flagged
- During Crystal League Battles
- In Hellgates
|Version 1.16.393.161872||11 March 2020||Queen Patch 7||
- All players within an alliance will receive reduced Silver and Fame income if the alliance holds 10 or more territories (excluding Castles and Castle Outposts)
- This also applies to players in guilds without an alliance, if their guild holds 10 or more territories
- This penalty applies to all Fame gained from gathering and PvE and all Silver gained from mob drops and downed players
- This penalty starts at 1% with the 10th territory and increases by 1% per additional territory
|Version 1.16.393.161872||11 March 2020||Queen Patch 7||Following up on the community’s feedback, we have reworked the loot in randomized dungeon chests according to the following principles:
We hope that these changes will significantly improve the loot experience in the game.
- T6 chests have been largely reverted to the status that they had on Queen’s launch as these chests were very popular with the player base.
- We have used the old T6 chest balancing as a baseline and set up T7 and T8 chests as strictly better versions of them.
- T7 chests no longer contain T4 loot and have higher drop chances for T7 and T8 loot than T6 chests
- T8 chests no longer contain T4 and T5 loot, and have much higher drop chances for T7 and T8 loot than T6 chests.
|Version 1.16.393.161355||4 March 2020||Queen Patch 6||Introduced a feature that will delay players from leaving a Hideout set as "Home" after respawning there multiple times. The effect has a 10-minute cooldown, meaning after 10 minutes without dying and respawning in a Hideout the counter returns to zero.
This is intended to prevent overuse of repeated-suicide defense strategies when defending Hideouts.
- First Respawn: no penalty
- Second Respawn: 30 seconds
- Third Respawn: 60 seconds
- Fourth Respawn: 120 seconds
- Fifth Respawn or more: 240 seconds
|Version 1.16.393.161355||4 March 2020||Queen Patch 6||
- Patch 5 introduced a 3-day cooldown for leaving and rejoining the same alliance. (This existed alongside the 7-day cooldown on joining a new alliance that was already in the game.)
- With today's patch, the duration of this cooldown has been updated:
- Alliance Rejoin Cooldown: 3 Days → 7 Days
|Version 1.16.393.161355||4 March 2020||Queen Patch 6||Items without a durability stat will no longer be destroyed upon knockdown.
Previously, the following behavior occurred:
- Items with durability: 5% durability loss
- Items without durability: 10% destruction chance
After Patch 6:
- Items with durability: 5% durability loss (no change)
- Items without durability: immune to destruction
This change is intended to help introduce newer players to combat without item loss (i.e. in yellow zones), and to avoid situations where players were confused about what happened to items. It should also improve the overall loot experience in Elite Dungeons, where a large percent of loot was previously destroyed by being knocked down repeatedly.
Item destruction rate and durability loss rate upon death (killed by another player, suicide, etc.) are not affected by this change.
|Version 1.16.393.160869||26 February 2020||Queen Patch 5||
- Minimum Item Power: 800 → 700
- This reduces the Smart Cluster Queue's emphasis on high IP gear
|Version 1.16.393.159852||12 February 2020||Queen Patch 3||Items and Silver gained are now tracked separately in the combat log:
- "Loot" channel now only displays items when picked up
- New "Silver" channel created
- Both can be enabled or disabled as desired
|Version 1.16.392.158262||20 January 2020||Queen Update||Item Power progression has been streamlined and simplified, and now increases in a linear manner. More details: https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/121085
In addition, Mastery Modifiers have been added to the Mastery Bonuses of high-tier equipment:
- 5% on all T5 items
- 10% on all T6 items
- 15% on all T7 items
- 20% on all T8 items
This bonus applies to all Armors, Weapons, and Offhands, and includes IP bonuses from basic Specializations as well as advanced Masteries. Enchanted gear will be calculated at the level of its base tier, i.e. T5.0 through T5.3 all receive the same 5% bonus.
Sample case: if you get an additional 100 IP from your Destiny Board Masteries for swords, using a Tier 6.2 Sword will give you a 10% additional boost to that Mastery bonus, for a total bonus of 110 IP.
|Version 1.16.392.158262||20 January 2020||Queen Update||
- Adding resources to buildings during construction/repair/upgrading is now 5x faster and you can add up to 999 resources in one action (previously 30)
- Cost of overcharge has increased from 1 Siphoned Energy to 10 to make overcharging a less clear choice on low-tier items
- Global discount reference rate adjusted to match current gold market economy
- Zerg debuff ("Disarray") no longer applies in red and yellow zones
- The number of fragments needed to enchant items has been doubled as enchanting with fragments was too cheap and undermined crafting with enchanted resources
- Trash icon updated for better visibility while looting
- Changed main tutorial area name from "Hideout" to "Cove" to avoid confusion with the new Hideout feature
- Changed Marketplace category for several items:
- Dungeon Maps: Consumables/Maps
- Chopped Fish: Products/Cooked
- Undead, Keeper, and Morgana Mount Upgrades: Materials/Other
- Avalonian and Siphoned Energy: Materials/Other
|Version 1.16.392.158262||20 January 2020||Queen Update||
- Healing Sickness:
- Healing Received Reduction (2 Healers): 25.9% → 30%
- Debuff Duration (2 or more Healers): 5s → 8s
|Version 1.15.389.155349||29 November 2019||Percival Patch 11||
- Healing Sickness Debuff duration: 2s → 5s
|Version 1.15.387.150212||18 September 2019||Percival Patch 5 (Midseason Patch)||
- Self-Healing Sickness:
- Healers who heal themselves constantly will now be inflicted with a Self-Healing Sickness debuff, which reduces all incoming healing by 25%
- Self-Healing Sickness is not triggered if the Healer heals any other target with a Q ability, and thus should only impact solo Healers
|Version 1.15.384.149008||29 August 2019||Percival Patch 4||
- Starting immediately, the full amount of the winning bid will be collected from the winner.
- Bids by non-winning bidders will be returned in full.
- Bids by current plot owners will continue to count double. For example, if the plot owner bids 10 million Silver and the next-highest bid is 16 million Silver, the plot owner wins the bid, since their bid counts as 20 million. The full 10 million will be collected.
- Likewise, in an extremely lopsided situation where (for example) the current owner bids 100 million Silver (for an effective value of 200 million) and the next-highest bid is 16 million, the full 100 million Silver will be collected from the owner.
- The Land Auction UI has been updated to reflect these changes, with prominent warnings that the full amount of the winning bid will be due.
|Version 1.15.383.147232||31 July 2019||Percival Patch 2 and Hotfix 2.1||Loot Table Updates
- Castle chests can now drop Level 1 Artifacts
- Treasure sites (chests/lockers) can now drop Level 2 and 3 Artifacts
|Version 1.15.383.147232||31 July 2019||Percival Patch 2 and Hotfix 2.1||Access Rights
- Alliance members can now be given similar access rights to chests, islands, etc. as guild members
- Access rights can now be copy-pasted from one object to another
- "Withdrawal from Account" rights have been split as follows:
- Withdrawal from Silver Account
- Withdrawal from Energy Account
- "Attack Territory" rights have been split as follows:
- Attack Territory
- Pacify Warcamp (new)
- "Manage Banks" rights have been split as follows:
- Manage Banks
- View Chest Logs (new)
- Co-Owners of Banks tabs can now view the tab's logs
|Version 1.15.382.145855||10 July 2019||Percival Update||
Disabled furniture placement on entrances to random dungeons, as well as some small dungeon entrances that were missed with the last patch
|Version 1.14.381.141258||25 April 2019||Oberon Patch #4||Land auctions now use a "blind auction" system:
- During the bidding phase of the land auction, the highest bid is no longer visible to everyone - instead, bidders can only see their own bids.
- 24 hours before the end of the auction cycle, bidding ends, and the winning bid and player are visible to all players in the Real Estate UI. At this point, any blocked funds are released and all ingame confirmation messages are sent. (This phase replaces the current "Owners Only" bidding phase.)
- The winning bid of the previous auction will remain visible at all times.
- Players will no longer receive in-game messages related to changes in the highest bidder during the auction phase.
- The Real Estate UI has been updated to reflect these changes.
|Version 1.14.381.140241||10 April 2019||Oberon Patch 2 / Free-to-Play Launch||
With the launch of free-to-play, the global Silver discount has been adjusted based on a Silver-to-Gold ratio of 2000:1, which allows for lower Silver prices for actions like repairing, buying islands and seeds, re-spec, etc.
The "fade to red" effect when health approaches zero has been reduced, giving players a better chance of staying alive at low health
All visual quality settings/presets now have "Show Effects" set to "All" by default
Premium and Gold stats now appear on the Character Selection screen
Changes to dungeon immunity:
The Undead Knight's spell indication should now be easier to read
Reward for "Not a Small Fish" tutorial quest was reduced from 2 Adept's Royal Sigils to 1 Adept's Royal Sigil
Tier 7 Earth Elementals found in Randomized Dungeons now only have up to two charges of T7 Stone
- You cannot get a new "bubble" (immunity to damage and other effects) in dungeons within 60 seconds of last receiving the buff
- Dungeon immunity duration: 10s → 15s
|Version 1.14.381.140241||10 April 2019||Oberon Patch 2 / Free-to-Play Launch||As of April 10, Albion Online will be entirely free to download and play. Existing players can continue playing as normal, while new players can create an account and play the game without purchasing a pack. The Premium system continues unchanged, and Premium status can still be purchased with either real-world money or ingame currency.|
|Version 1.14.381.140241||10 April 2019||Oberon Patch 2 / Free-to-Play Launch||Respawn Changes
- The ability to respawn "in nearest city" is replaced with an ability to respawn "in last visited city"
- The ability to respawn "at nearest territory" is removed, but you can set any territory tower as a home
- You can still respawn at a home, however you will lose your home binding when you choose to respawn in "last visited city"
Special Island Move
- During a special transition period of one month, you will be able to move your personal and guild islands to a city of your choice
- Each island may only be moved a single time, and the move is wasted if not used during this transition period
- Islands created after the patch goes live CANNOT be moved - this only applies to islands created before the patch
|Version 1.14.379.139329||27 March 2019||Oberon Patch #1||
Self-healing now applies a healing sickness effect, just like being healed by another player
Added a whisper limit that restricts players from whispering to too many different players in a short amount of time to prevent spamming
Added additional effects to Randomized Dungeon entrances for better readability
|Version 1.14.379.138841||20 March 2019||Oberon Update - Oberon Update Hotfix #1, #2, and #3||Player Execution
- Cast Time: 1s → 1.5s
- Taking damage now cancels this cast
- You can no longer execute players while silenced
|Version 1.13.369.136513||20 February 2019||Nimue Balance Patch (Patch #7)||General Balance Changes
- Base Max Hitpoints: 1000 → 1200 (bonus HP from melee weapons remains unchanged)
- This increases the general Hitpoint pool by 20%
- Base Max Energy: 100 → 120
- This increases the general Energy pool by 20%
- Base Movement Speed: 4.8 m/s → 5.5 m/s
- In-Combat Duration: 30s → 20s
- Cap for Auto Attack Max Damage Increase: 200% → 300%
|Version 1.11.362.119971||20 June 2018||Lancelot Patch #9||
Cleansing any CC effect now grants a 1-second CC immunity
|Version 1.11.362.118022||25 May 2018||Lancelot Patch #7||
- Group Fame bonuses now display in the combat log and floating popup messages. Fame earned now displays as follows: total fame gained displays first, followed by a breakdown of modifiers in brackets (zone type bonus, group bonus, and Premium bonus). As always, the following group bonuses apply to Fame earned:
- Party of 2: no bonus
- Party of 3: 17% Fame bonus
- Party of 4: 33% Fame bonus
- Party of 5-20: 40% Fame bonus
|Version 18.104.22.168.105727||6 December 2017||Kay Update||
- Reworked Diminishing Returns:
- Every crowd control effect now has its own Diminishing Return, i.e. stuns only diminish the duration of subsequent stuns, silence only of silences, etc.
- With this change, slows will trigger Diminishing Returns again.
- Channeled Movement abilities can now be cancelled by pressing the button again. (i.e. Whirlwind, Hurricane, Block, Focused Run can be manually cancelled)