Animals are divided into two categories: Domestic Animals and Wild Animals. Growing animals belongs to the island farms activities.
Domestic Animals are either Livestock or Breeding animals. All of the baby animals, except the rare animals babies, can be bought from the Farming Merchant. Fame wise, breeding animals counts towards leveling one of the specific animal breeder skill, while the livestock fame doesn't. Some animals are grown for their meat, while others are grown to be turned into mounts. There's more info on raising animals on the Island Farms page. The Breeder specialties are the following:
- Chicken Breeder
- Goat Breeder
- Goose Breeder
- Sheep Breeder
- Pig Breeder
- Cow Breeder
- Horse Breeder
- Ox Breeder
- Rare Animals Breeder
Wild animals are useful in Albion's economy for their offspring or for their hide.
Most of the wild animals are aggressive and will attack players that enter the aggro range.
All Wild Animals can be killed and skinned. Some of them have a chance to drop a baby animal which can be raised in a kennel or pasture depending on the animal type. The grown animal can then be saddled to be turned into a Rare Mount.
The following animals have the chance to drop a baby:
- Adept's Giant Stag has a chance to drop Adept's Fawn
- Sabretooth Tiger and other T5 or higher Cougars have a chance to drop Swiftclaw Cub
- Direwolf has a chance to drop Direwolf Pup
- Swamp Dragon has a chance to drop Swamp Dragon Pup
- Direboar has a chance to drop Direboar Piglet
- Direbear has a chance to drop Direbear Cub
- Mammoth, Old White, and Old White's Aspect has a chance to drop Mammoth Calf
If you find a baby animal you can either sell it in the Marketplace or raise it if you have unlocked the needed Animal Breeder level in the Destiny Board. After raised the tame animal can be either sold or saddled.
The other wild animals are hunted purely for their skin and they are called hide animals.