In Albion Online, a GvG Season (Guild versus Guild), Guilds can compete and earn Season Points to participate in a ranking system also known as the Season Rankings. This mechanic was introduced into the game in December 2017.
- GvG Seasons are three months in length
- In between GvG Seasons, there are off-seasons lasting three weeks when guilds cannot score any points
- During the Season, guilds may reach one of the five guild Season Rankings that currently exist in Albion: Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Crystal
At the beginning of each GvG Season, as well as twice during the Season, Invaders will spawn and claim ownership of all resource teritorries in Albion, resetting the ownership of all resource territories. On predetermined days all guild-ownership of resource territories will be set to unclaimed. This event is also known as Invasion Day. After all territories have been claimed and fought over by the guilds of Albion, the Season scoring begins and guilds can start earning Season Points. A detailed GvG Season schedule is published on the official forums prior to a GvG Seasons start.
After the third and last Invasion Day of a Season, the scoring changes and all the points earned count double for the Season Rankings for the duration of the last month of a GvG Season.
- Crystal Threshold: 250.000
- Gold Threshold: 80,000
- Silver Threshold: 25.000
- Bronze Threshold: 7,500
- Iron Threshold: 1
GvG Season Scoring
Guilds can score their season points that count for the season rankings through various activities:
- Guild Challenges: Gain progress in the guild challenge progress bar through the same activities that count towards the individual Adventurer's Challenge
- Holding Resource Territories: The number of Season points scored at the end of each territory's prime time depends on the continent of the territory and on how long the Siphoning Mages inside the territory have been alive
- Killing Siphoning Mages: Season points are scored on the kill of a siphoned mage in an enemy resource territory and the number of points varies based on the continent of the raided territory
- Holding Castles and Castle Outposts: Scoring timers are either 19:00 UTC or 01:00 UTC
- Crystal Realm GvGs: Introduced in Season 5, the participating teams' guilds will score Season points for wins, partial wins and partial losses at the end of the match
- Killing World Bosses
- Guild Challenges reward Season points by filling in the Guild Challenge Progress Bar through the same activities that count towards the individual Adventurer's Challenge.
- When the Progress Bar is filled the guild receives cerain amount of season points. (from 20 up to 300)
Territory Season Points Scoring
- At the start of each resource territory’s prime time on the first day after the Season starts, scoring is enabled for each territory
- Claiming and holding territory during the end of a territory's prime time will award Season Points and Siphoned Energy to the Guild holding it
- Scoring begins at the start of each resource territory’s prime time when scoring gets enabled for the first time in the season
- Points from holding territories are scored at the end of each territory’s prime time.
Season Points Generated by Siphoning Mages
- These mages draw the raw power from the territories and collect it on their character before passing it on
- They spawn dynamically (1.5h 2h, 3h, 6h) until the maximum of four is present
- They position themselves around the GvG capture points in each territory
- They can be killed by any player from a different alliance
- If you kill another guild’s mages, they drop Siphoned Energy
- When killed they give Season points shared among the guilds of the players who killed them
Season Point Scoring via Castles and Castle Outposts
A guild holding a castle or castle outpost during its daily scoring timer will be rewarded with season points based on the table below.
Castle score every 6h, and Castle Outposts score every 3h.
Crystal Realm GvGs
Guilds compete in GvG matches for points that are counted towards the Season
GvG Season Rewards
Rewards are distributed to players who participate in GvG Seasons basked on their rankings at the end of the Season.
- Season 4: Introduction of the Conquerors' Hall
- Season 5: Introduction of the Crystal Realm battles
|Season 1||Money Guild|
|Season 2||Money Guild|
|Season 3||Team Casualty|
|Season 4||Blue Army|
|Season 5||Blue Army|
|Season 6||Blue Army|
|Season 8||sex with ex|
|Season 10||Black 0rder|
|Season 11||Black 0rder|
Related Patch Notes
|Patch Link||Date||Patch Revision||Patch Name||Patch Notes|
|Version 1.16.396.165550||5 May 2020||165550||Queen Patch 11 (Season 9 Patch) and Hotfixes 11.1, 11.2, 11.3||The following adjustments affect guilds and alliances that own 10 or more territories in the first case, and 20 or more in the second.
Siphoned Energy Drain:
The penalty still starts at 10 Territories, but now increases in increments of 3%:
Fame and Silver Penalty:
The penalty now starts at 20 Territories and increases by 1% per additional territory:
|Version 1.16.393.164559||22 April 2020||164559||Queen Patch 10||
|Version Avalonian Invasion Phase III||4 January 2020||PHASE III||Changelog: Avalonian Invasion Third Phase||
|Version Avalonian Invasion Phase II||7 December 2019||PHASE II||Changelog: Avalonian Invasion Second Phase||
|Version 1.15.387.153912||13 November 2019||153912||Percival Patch 10||
|Version 1.15.383.148174||15 August 2019||148174||Percival Patch 3 and [Known Issue] Wrong Castle Scoring Times||
|Version 1.15.383.147232||31 July 2019||147232||Percival Patch 2 and Hotfix 2.1||Blue Army's Season 6 winner statue now appears at the front gates of Conquerors' Hall near the Caerleon Realmgate. Anniversary decorations have been removed from cities.|
|Version 1.15.383.147232||31 July 2019||147232||Percival Patch 2 and Hotfix 2.1||
|Version 1.12.365.127503||10 October 2018||127503||Merlyn Season 4 Patch||Additionally, also based on community feedback, killing Siphoning Mages will now once again yield season points. In order to prevent exploits, this means that we're also removing the ability to place Siphoning and Rogue Mages for energy. This change should serve to keep the current season vital, while also leaving the possibility open that mages will be further updated or replaced with a new system in future seasons.|
|Version 1.12.365.126590||26 September 2018||126590||Merlyn Preseason Balance Patch||Beginning with Season 4, GvG Seasons in Albion Online will include epic rewards for reaching various ranks. Players who are part of an eligible guild for at least 75% of the season will win the powerful new War Rhino mount (Bronze rank or higher) and exclusive avatars and avatar rings (Iron rank or higher). Additionally, the top three guilds each season will get a permanent place in the new Conquerors' Hall, a new building in Caerleon that will honor past and current winners with custom-built statues and will expand with each successive GvG season.|
|Version 1.11.357.113403||12 March 2018||113403||Lancelot Update||
|Version 1.11.357.113403||12 March 2018||113403||Lancelot Update||To prevent them from being killed too easily by small groups, Siphoning Mages can now use Ice Block once in any battle, regardless of how many players attack. They will use Ice Block a second time when they are attacked by 4 or more players, and a third and final time when they are attacked by 8 or more players.|
|Version 22.214.171.124.105727||6 December 2017||105727||Kay Update||GvG Seasons