Players can invite other players to a party. Once you are in the same group with other players you can not attack each other anymore and share experience, loot, and other gameplay elements. Players in your party will also appear on your mini map.
(please add a few good images)
There are several two main ways to add players: targeted, and manual invites.
To do this player must be added to your friends list.
- Click the "+" icon just under your player portrait
- Now enter the player's name in the prompt and confirm
To do this player must be targeted and therefore in proximity to your character.
- Target the play by clicking them (left click) and you will see their portrait at the top of the game HUD near your player protrait.
- Now right click on player's portrait, and select the "Invite to Party" option
- Right click players name in chat window
- Click invite to party
Right click your player portrait and click leave party.
There are two types of looting modes. Only the party leader (person that initialized the party) can change the loot mode
Party will be able to pick-up loot with no restrictions. Use this if you are playing with people you trust, or if you don't care about looting.
Loot will be only assigned to certain party members. This applies loot randomly between players. Use this in general with people you don't know or trust.
Depending on the size of a party a fame bonus is given to all members of the party. This makes grouping up with players greater than 2 benficial.