- Refining is the process by which players can turn materials gained from Gathering into usable items for Crafting.
- To refine gathered resources, the player must travel to refining buildings that can be located in Faction Cities or built on Islands.
- The refining process costs silver (except when refining tier 2 resources) and the player can use Focus to increase the resource return rate.
- Players can unlock the refining subtree by first unlocking the Journeyman Refiner node on the Destiny Board. Journeyman Refiner is unlocked through Trainee Craftsman.
- There are 5 potential Refined Resources: Cloth, Leather, Metal Bars, Planks, and Stone Blocks
There are five different refining buildings for each of the gatherable resources:
- Lumbermill for creating Planks from Wood
- Smelter for creating Metal Bars from Ore
- Stonemason for creating Stone Blocks from Stone
- Tanner for creating Leather from Hide
- Weaver for creating Cloth from Fiber
|Adept Fiber Weaver||4|
|Expert Fiber Weaver||5|
|Master Fiber Weaver||6|
|Grandmaster Fiber Weaver||7|
|Elder Fiber Weaver||8|
|Adept Ore Smelter||4|
|Expert Ore Smelter||5|
|Master Ore Smelter||6|
|Grandmaster Ore Smelter||7|
|Elder Ore Smelter||8|
|Adept Hide Tanner||4|
|Expert Hide Tanner||5|
|Master Hide Tanner||6|
|Grandmaster Hide Tanner||7|
|Elder Hide Tanner||8|
|Adept Wood Planer||4|
|Expert Wood Planer||5|
|Master Wood Planer||6|
|Grandmaster Wood Planer||7|
|Elder Wood Planer||8|
|Adept Stone Cutter||4|
|Expert Stone Cutter||5|
|Master Stone Cutter||6|
|Grandmaster Stone Cutter||7|
|Elder Stone Cutter||8|
Max Level Crafter Focus Cost
In the table below you will see the focus cost per resource refined if your character has 100 specialization in each of the refining nodes. Focus costs can be further reduced with bonuses. See Crafting Focus for more information.
When refining you may want to optimize the the process as much as possible to make more for less, and therefore more money. There are several factors that can be leveraged to optimize refining.
- Crafting Focus which is essential for optimizing and make more money. Premium is required to accumulate focus daily.
- Buying with buy orders in proper city based on Local Economies
- Selling with sell orders in proper city based on Local Economies
- Be in the city that has the bonus for whatever you are refining. For a list see: Crafting Focus
- Consider buying empty journals to fill while refining to sell back the full variants.
- Refine at stations with lowest tax rates
Related Patch Notes
|Patch Link||Date||Patch Revision||Patch Name||Patch Notes|
|Version 1.13.369.134359||28 January 2019||134359||Nimue Patch #6||
|Version 1.12.365.123101||31 July 2018||123101||Merlyn Update||Each city on the Royal Continent now has its own unique refining and crafting bonuses. As the cities have each grown more independent within their own biome, these bonuses are based on materials that are rare for the given biome. (See the "Changes" section below for a breakdown of these changes by city and item type.)|
|Version 1.12.365.123101||31 July 2018||123101||Merlyn Update||Refining and Crafting Bonuses: Bonuses will apply to materials refined and items crafted in the Royal cities. Here are the items that will be affected in each city:
Here are the old and new bonuses (the first number is the resource return without Focus; the second is the resource return with Focus):
Location Lancelot Merlyn
Black Zone Territory
Crafting 20% / 48% 25% / 48%
Refining 20% / 48% 20% / 46%
Base: City + Caerleon 15% / 45% 15% / 44%
Base: Island 0% / 35% 0% / 37%
Crafting with Bonus - 25% / 48%
Refining with Bonus - 30% / 50%
Crafting with Bonus - 13% / 43%Refining with Bonus - 20% / 46%