- An active ability found on the first slot of Axes.
- It is unlocked at mastery level 85.
||Combine up to two abilities. The combo resets after 2.5s.
1st and 2nd Rending Rage:
Cleave all enemies in a cone in the targeted direction, dealing 165/181 physical damage.
Applies one Rending Bleed Charge.
3rd Raging Leap:
Leap towards the targeted position, Rooting all enemies in a 5m radius for 1.61/1.77
Deals 165/181 physical damage
Each Rending Bleed Charge deals 83/91 physical damage over 6s (stacks up to 3 times).
If the maximum amount of stacks is reached, the affected enemies' Healing Received is reduced by 12% for 5s.
Note: numerical values are based on gear with 1060 item power.
Related Patch Notes
|Patch Link||Date||Patch Name||Patch Notes|
|Version 18.090.1||28 July 2021||Call to Arms Patch 9||Added four new icons to better represent the corresponding abilities:
- Blood Bandit (One-Handed Axe, E-slot)
- Protective Beam (Enigmatic Staff, E-slot)
- Arcane Orb (One-Handed Arcane Staff, E-slot)
- Ground Shaker (Maces, W-slot)
|Version 18.090.1||28 July 2021||Call to Arms Patch 9||Axes
Bloody Reap has been reworked into an AoE execution tool, to give it a more distinct role that doesn’t overlap with the AoE sustain damage the Halberd already offers. Additionally, Rending Rage and Adrenaline Boost have been buffed to make it easier to stick to an enemy target. Rending Rage now also offers more potential burst damage, with the decreased cooldown between hits. Battle Rush is no longer restricted to requiring a target and can instead be used more freely as a ground target dash with an AoE effect.
- Rending Rage (all Axes):
- 1st and 2nd Hit Standtime: 0.3s → 0.16s
- Cooldown between hits: 1s → 0s (Now only limited by Global Cooldown)
- Adrenaline Boost (all Axes):
- Time window for direct damage condition: 2.5s → 3.5s
- Battle Rush (all Axes):
- Doesn't require a target anymore. It is instead a ground target dash with the AoE Effect.
- Bloody Reap (Infernal Scythe):
- First Hit Damage: 74.45 → 108
- Removed the Damage over Time effect
- Second Hit does now extra damage if enemy health is below 40%:
- Damage above 40% Health: 74.45 → 108
- Damage below 40% Health: 74.45 → 240
|Version 18.040.1||6 May 2021||Call to Arms Patch 4 (Balance Patch)||Axes
Axes have been overrepresented in a variety of content types. While the constant sustain damage and healing reduction is part of the weapon’s identity, the value axe weapons get from their Q abilities was a bit too overwhelming, making it hard for other melee weapon trees to compete. Additionally, the options of counterplay and skill expression for Rending Spin and Raging Blades have been improved with a sweet-spot damage ring to increase the importance of player positioning. The readability of visual effects was also improved for various axe abilities.
Adrenaline Boost was changed to improve its ability to chase down a target offensively, while also reducing its use as an easy disengage. And a standtime was added to Razor Cut to add a bit more commitment to the ability and weaken its easy disengage potential.
Vampiric Strike was reworked to the new ability Blood Bandit to make this weapon more dynamic and allow more skill expression during fights.
Greataxes are now non-interruptible and have more upfront damage versus players, giving them a substantial buff in PvP. At the same time, their PvE damage has been toned down to bring it more in line with other weapons.
- Battleaxe Normal Attacks:
- Attacks per second: 0.9 → 1.1
- Damage per attack: 50 → 41
- Rending Spin (all Axes):
- Range: 6m → 5m
- Minimum distance for max Damage: 3m → 2.5m
- Rending Bleed stacks: now only applied via max distance effect (i.e. 2.5m or further away)
- Rending Rage (all Axes):
- Rending Bleed Stacks (all Axes):
- Damage per Tick: 5.4 → 4.2
- Healing Reduction on Max Stacks: 20% → 12%
- Adrenaline Boost (all Axes):
- Movement Speed Bonus: 50% → 40%
- Now also increases Attack Speed by 40%
- Max Duration: 5s → 7s
- However, if the caster doesn't hit an enemy with a Normal Attack for 2.5s, the Adrenaline Boost now ends early
- Energy Cost: 11 → 9
- Internal Bleeding (all Axes):
- Improved detection of moving versus standing still on affected enemies
- Tick Interval: 1s → 0.5s
- Damage per Tick: 21.97 → 11
- Raging Blades (all Axes):
- Now hits in a ring around the caster, instead of a solid circle (Inner Radius: 2.5m / Outer Radius: 6m)
- Vampiric Strike (Battleaxe) - reworked the ability; now called "Blood Bandit":
- Throw your axe in the targeted direction. Deals physical damage to all enemies hit and slows by 20% for 2s. Steal a percentage of the Health enemies lose based on Rending Bleed Charges on the targets.
- Throw Range: 22m → 17m
- Whirlwind (Greataxe):
- Channeling time: 4.5s → 2.5s
- Damage per tick vs Players: 50 → 75 (Damage per tick vs Mobs unchanged)
- Cooldown: 20s → 25s
- Channel is now uninterruptible
- Energy Cost on activation: 21 → 0
- Instead the ability now consumes 4 energy per tick while channeling (total of 24 energy for full channel duration)
- Razor Cut (Bear Paws):
|Version 18.000.1||17 March 2021||Call to Arms Update||
Rending Strike (all Axes):
Rending Rage (all Axes):
- Time window until combo resets: 3s → 2.5s
- Damage: 50 → 62
|Version 1.17.406.180488||2 December 2020||Rise of Avalon Patch 10 and Hotfix 10.1||Axes
- New Q-slot ability: Rending Rage (all Axes):
- Unleashes attacks hitting enemies up to 3 times in a cone in front of you. Each hit deals 50 physical damage. On the third hit, leap up to 9m forward and root enemies hit for 1s. After the third hit the ability goes on cooldown; waiting 3s between attacks causes Rage to time out and restart with the first hit. In this case, cooldown is cancelled.
- Rending Strike (all Axes):
- Standtime: 0.3s→ 0.2s
- Hit Delay: 0.2s→ 0.15s
- Vampiric Strike (Battleaxe):
- Cooldown: 15s→ 10s
- Hit Delay: 0.4s→ 0.3s
- Standtime: 0.8s→ 0.4s
- Energy cost: 18→ 12
- Damage: 136.01→ 150
- Auto-attack (Bear Paws):
- Auto-attacks per second: 0.8→ 1.4
- Auto-attack Damage: 56→ 32
- Aftershock (Realmbreaker):
- Cone no longer reduces Max Energy
- Instead it reduces enemy Max Health by 20% for 3s
- Debuff Duration: 3s→ 5s