Resources that are gatherable from the open world are:
Resources can be used to create weapons, armors, and buildings in Albion Online. As with all other game elements, resources are divided into eight tiers. To gather any resource, an appropriate tool of no lower than one tier below than that of the desired resource must be in the player's inventory (not necessarily equipped), requiring the player to progress through the Destiny Board to unlock the ability to harvest successively better materials. Each resource must first be refined at their corresponding crafting building before it can be used in crafting.
The more dangerous the zone, the higher the tier of resource that can be found:
- blue zones contain tier 1 - 4 resources and enemies.
- yellow zones contain tier 3 - 5 resources and enemies.
- red zones contain tier 4 - 6 resources and enemies.
- black zones contain tier 4 - 8 resources and enemies.
At each tier level beyond tier 1, new traits are unlocked:
- Tier 2 resources and higher must be refined before used in crafting.
- Tier 3 resources and higher require not only the correct amount of raw resources, but also a refined resource of one tier below to be refined. For example, to craft a silver cost to all refinements, affected by the building's usage fee. both a and two are required. In addition, tier 3 and higher resources add a
- Tier 4 - 8 resources may be found in normal, uncommon, rare or exceptional qualities. To harvest a resource of uncommon, rare or exceptional quality a tool of the same tier as the resource must be used.
|Resource type||Tool / Building||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3||Tier 4||Tier 5||Tier 6||Tier 7||Tier 8|
Resource nodes describe the nodes at which any resources can be gathered with their respective tools. They will spawn randomly in zones according to their biome. Their spawn point will be stationary for one day, from scheduled maintenance at 10 UTC to the next scheduled maintenance. After that, every spawn point is rerolled.
During a day a resource can be gathered from its node more that once. It will respawn in intervals, depending on their tier:
- T2 respawns every 21 seconds
- T3 respawns every 45 seconds
- T4 respawns every 100 seconds
- T5 respawns every 450 seconds
- T6 respawns every ??? seconds 
- T7 respawns thrice a day 
- T8 respawns twice a day 
Every resource node except hide nodes can exist as either a stationary node or an attackable enemy. Hide nodes will always be attackable enemies. Gathring from killed attackable enemies is faster then from stationary nodes.
More information about resource mobs, aspects and bosses can be found in their article.
Beyond normal attackable enemies there also exist aspects that can spawn for every resource according to their biome. They are boss mobs that usually require a team to take down and will yield a stack worth 500 T6 resources. They can spawn enchanted.
Resource Outcrops and Bosses
Some zones will have icons like seen below, called resource outcrops. Around these you will find an increased amount of nodes. They will also spawn a resource boss, not to be confused with an aspect which can spawn anywhere in accordance with their biome. If you find a resource boss and kill it, you can note its respawn time will be precisely 48 hours from then on.
Resources can spawn enchanted. Weapons and armor crafted with enchanted resources will be stronger, their item power increasing by one tier per enchantment rarity.
Enchanted resources spawn in three varieties, unenchanted resources sometimes being called flat.They are uncommon, rare and exceptional, by order of increasing rarity and power. Often, players will refer to uncommon as .1, rare as .2 and exceptional as .3. Enchanted resources can only spawn from T4 and upwards. Gathering them will yield increased gathering fame.
The rarity of an enchantment depends on the enchantment rate of the zone. It can be viewed for every zone at the top of the zone map (default key N). Detailed information about the spawn chance of every enchantment can be viewed by hovering on the indicated area.
Enchantment rates in the Outlands can be described simply. Their resource enchantment rates are the following:
- Anglia: 7-8%
- Cumbria: 9-13%
- Mercia: 18-22%
Resource distribution has been updated to encourage travel and transport throughout the Royal Continent. The territories around the Royal cities now hold more enchanted resources, providing an excellent source for economic and equipment boosts. 
Two Tier 5 yellow zones between each Royal city and Caerleon are now red zones with a 20% enchantment rate for Tier 4 and Tier 5 resources.