GvG Season 3
Summer 2018 Season
Midway through Season 3, Money Guild and Team Casualty were neck-and-neck for first place, with Team Casualty trailing by just a few thousand points. Then, in early August, they experienced a devastating string of events: in a single day, their alliance was disbanded, five of their owned plots were dropped, and massive amounts of gear that had been stored in Fecund Mound Meadow were lost.
Rather than give up, though, they immediately formed the new POWER alliance and began to reclaim territories, clawing their way back into first place. For the remainder of the season, they rebuilt their armories, dominated the battlefield, and racked up hundreds of thousands of points, eventually building to an insurmountable lead and securing the win. Money Guild's hopes for a third season championship were dashed, and Albion had a new champion.
For the complete story, including an interview with Team Casualty, click here: albiononline.com/en/news/team-casualty-takes-gvg-season-3
Special Rules During Season 3:
1) Siphoning Mages affecting GvG Battles
The amount Siphoning Mages who are active during the 1 hour before a Prime Time in the Territory the Battle occurs will now affect GvG Battles.
- For every 8 minutes a Mage is active the Team will receive a Buff similar to the Defender Bonus of 0,08%.
- This Bonus can, therefore, stack up to a maximum of 2,4%.
- The bonus will be active in all GvG Battles in the Territory
This means both teams can now have their own buff based on the total time their Mages have been active during the 1 hour before the prime time of the Territory. As a result, more players can contribute to the outcome of a GvG battle and support their team by placing Mages and killing the ones of the enemy.
This GvG buff for owning mages prior to a GvG was removed for both attackers and defenders midway through the season with the Lancelot Midseason Patch on May 2nd.
2) Siphoning Mages do not reward Seasonal Points to the Guild of the player who made the killing blow during Season 3.
3) A castle only scores Seasonal Points once per day at the start of its Prime Time during Season 3. The amount of points earned per castle is 3x that of the territory in its zone (IE Anglia Castle earns 720 points for the guild who controls it at the start of its Prime Time).
4) Points earned per territory were adjusted for Season 3 to make holding Mercia a slightly less dominant winning strategy, while at the same time increasing the value of raiding Siphoning Mages in Anglia.:
|Territory Type||Daily Points Earned|
|Red Zone||96 Points|
5) Siphoning Mages spawned dynamically (1,5h 2h, 3h, 6h) until the maximum of four is present.