|Rise of Avalon Update and Hotfix 1, 2|
|Date||12 August 2020|
|Offical Patch Notes Link|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Version 1.16.396.170737||Version 1.17.404.172780|
|Back to Patch List|
|Wiki Patch List|
ROADS OF AVALON
The Roads of Avalon are a network of paths through the ancient kingdom of Avalon, opening up new opportunities for travel and transport, exploration, and placing Hideouts.
1. Travel and Transport
The Roads of Avalon are accessed via gateways to Avalon that appear and disappear throughout the world. They have varying lifetimes before disappearing, and allow only a limited number of players to pass through. The Roads lead to numerous other gateways, which open into either the Outlands, the Royal Continent, or other Roads zones.
2. Exploration, Treasure, and Resources
The area outside the actual Road structure is called the Wilderness of Avalon, and includes forest paths, resource sites, Avalonian camps, and Randomized Dungeon Entrances.
3. Living in Avalon
Guilds can now place Hideouts in Avalon at any site with a blue power crystal. Guilds who live in the Roads can avoid much of the politics and territory warfare of the Outlands, but can also be attacked by any other guild who meets attack conditions during the zone's prime time.
Corrupted Dungeons are new single-player dungeons found throughout the open world. After choosing a difficulty level, players enter and begin cleansing corrupted creatures, which grant Infamy points. Players can also invade or be invaded, with the invaded player given a choice between fighting the invader or destroying demonic shards to banish them. Killing another player grants a portion of their Infamy; higher Infamy levels give access to higher-level dungeons and overall better rewards.
Avalonian Weapons are an entirely new line of Artifact Weapons and offhands, each with unique new abilities. They can be crafted with new Avalonian Artifacts, which can be obtained directly or forged from Avalonian Shards, which are dropped in Elite Dungeons and along the Roads of Avalon.
DESTINY BOARD PROGRESS REWORK
With the addition of the new Avalonian Weapons, the Destiny Board has been expanded with new specialization nodes for both combat and crafting. All Fame from the old nodes has been divided evenly between the new nodes that replace them; overall Fame progression is preserved.
For more details, see the "Destiny Board Progression Changes" and "Food Crafting Changes" sections below.
TWO NEW LANGUAGES
With the Rise of Avalon update, we are launching the beta version of 2 new languages: Korean and Simplified Chinese. Players can select these languages via the launcher, and may log in and play in these languages with both existing and new characters. This update includes game and chat support, as well as limited web and forum resources.
As with all non-English languages, certain elements such as zones, cities, and NPC names will remain in English for all players, and character, guild, and alliance names only accept Latin letters (A-Z).
SATCHELS OF INSIGHT
Satchels of Insight are a new line of bags that reduce the effective amount of Silver earned through PvE in return for a faster Fame progression.
NEW VANITY BUNDLE
The Rogue Adventurer is a brand-new combination character/mount costume bundle with a sinister poison theme and two premium animated emotes.
The In-Match Scoreboard for the Arena, Crystal League, and City Fights has been completely revamped. Changes include:
- Visual overhaul to match current UI style
- Shows each player's full equipment, including consumables
- After match completion, players can change to a second page containing tracked per-player match statistics about Kill Fame, Damage dealt/received, and Healing dealt/received
- After the match, pages can also be sorted by category
Estimated Market Value Display
Added a display to several major UIs showing the estimated current Silver value of the items they contain. Affected UIs:
- Banks, Chests, Battlevaults
- Hideout Recovery Tabs
- Player Trading
- Item details
Numeric Cooldown Display
Spells now display a numerical cooldown timer in addition to the cooldown shadow. This can be turned on or off in the "Interface" section of the Settings menu.
Building Highlighting on Cluster Map
Clicking on a player-built building on the cluster map (Hotkey: N) will now highlight all buildings of the same type within the cluster.
Destiny Board Progression Changes
- With the introduction of Avalonian Weapons, Artifact nodes for both combat and crafting have been split into more specific nodes for each artifact. These require the same amount of Fame as a normal node, allowing for more accessible mastery of any specific item.
- Any levels players have completed in the existing Artifact nodes on the combat side have been converted into new levels for each of the new specialization nodes. This has been carried out in such a way that the final resulting item power bonus is equal to or better than the previous item power bonus received.
- For most of the new nodes, the new level & progress is simply the same as the current level for the existing Artifact specialization nodes.
- For armors, however, since they are splitting into more nodes, the new levels have been recalculated using the formula [New Node Level] = [Old Artifact Node Level] x [0.88], with any decimal values rounded up to the next full level.
- In this way, despite the final levels of armor specialization nodes being lower, the amount of item power gained is equivalent due to the cross-specialization bonus received from the additional nodes.
- For the crafting side, Fame has been divided evenly among the new nodes that replace the Artifact crafting nodes. In most cases, this results in the same level of progression in the new nodes. In the case of armor specialties for both crafting and combat, there are more nodes than can be filled by the Fame of the old artifact node, so the level of each node is slightly reduced. Overall Fame progression is preserved.
- Non-artifact combat specialty nodes for weapons and armor continue to add 0.2 to Item Power per level for their category.
- Non-artifact combat specialty nodes for off-hand items have increased from 0.4 Item Power per level to 0.6 Item Power per level for their category.
- All artifact specialty nodes now add 0.1 to Item Power per level for their category. This will result in a node-specific reduction, but an overall increase.
- Non-artifact crafting specialty node bonuses for all items remain unchanged.
- All artifact crafting specialty nodes now add 0.15 to focus cost efficiency and 0.375 to quality bonus per level for their category. This will result in a node-specific reduction, but an overall increase.
- Crafting node added for the new "Satchel of Insight" bag type. Bag Tailoring Specialist Fame requirement reduced by half, with Satchel of Insight Tailoring Specialist receiving the other half of this Fame. This means that whatever level someone has in Bag Tailoring Specialist, they will now have in both bag tailoring specialties.
- Bag crafting bonuses adjusted to result in the same overall bonus despite the node division.
- Modified the Fame Bonus given when crafting artifact items, resulting in a significant increase to Fame at higher tiers and artifact levels, and a reduction at some lower tiers and artifact levels.
- As the intention for crafting laborers is to provide additional resource return based only on the resources consumed, artifacts no longer provide additional Crafting Fame to journals.
- As Royal Armors no longer have an artifact specialist node, crafting Royal Armors no longer yields Crafting Fame.
Food Crafting Changes
- Reduced fishing bait crafting time
- Standardized nutritional value of fish sauce to make fish sauce consistent with the resource returns of seaweed salad and grilled fish and ensure Crafting Focus is consistent across recipes
- As fishing recipes are very rarely used for their nutrition, the nutritional contribution of fish sauce has been removed to lower both its weight and its crafting times
- Crafting Focus is still calculated from the nutrition of the reagents but enchanted food no longer has increased nutrition, resulting in a large reduction of crafting times and weights for enchanted food
- Corrected inconsistencies in consumable crafting values, resulting in small adjustments to focus costs, weights, and crafting times - this primarily impacted high-tier potions, but in some cases also impacted high-tier consumables
- As the nutritional value of rare fish is no longer lost in the recipe, the Crafting Focus cost now includes this
Randomized Dungeon Changes
- Solo Randomized Dungeon entrance appearance has been updated to the cave-like entryway used in Corrupted Dungeons.
- Solo Randomized Dungeons in red and black zones now behave like those in blue and yellow zones, and will close a set amount of time after the last person enters.
- Solo Randomized Dungeons in red and black zones will still take longer to close than those in yellow and blue zones (90 seconds vs. 60 seconds).
- Elite Dungeon mob changes:
- Tainted Shadows killed too far away from the Priestess will now heal her instead of damaging her
- Tainted Shadow move speed: 7.5 m/s → 5.5 m/s
- Tainted Shadow attack damage: -50%
- Tainted Shadow crowd control resistance: -50%
- As always, a dungeon's type can be determined by the color of its glow:
- Solo: Green
- Group: Blue
- Corrupted: Red/orange
- Elite (Avalonian): White
- Adjusted Hellgate matchmaking settings to make them more resistant to manipulation
- Using an Outlands Portal Shrine now also makes the player immune to crowd control effects - this effect will be nullified along with other positive and negative shrine effects upon changing a cluster or any world interaction
- Due to a terrain fix in Timbertop Escarp, players in this zone when the update goes live will be moved to the nearest exit
- Access rights blacklists assigned to chests, buildings, etc. now overwrite all other access rights
- Reduced /stuck command to a 3-minute cast and a 30-minute cooldown (previously a 10-minute cast and 24-hour cooldown)
- Toggle spells now have a cancellation delay of 0.5 seconds to prevent unintentionally cancelling the spell immediately after activation
- [English Version] Variants of the terms "Hitpoints", "Hit Points", and "HP" have been standardized to "Health" for players, mobs, chests, etc. as these all refer to the same stat. These changes may affect some tooltips in other languages.
- Keeper, Morgana and Undead Chests:
- Health: +10%
- Armor and Magic Resistance: +50%
- Hellgates: Lava Bomb is now categorized as a Damage spell (previously CC) - this may slightly alter how some builds are affected by the ability. Creatures that use this ability:
- Veteran Fiendish Overlord
- Veteran Vicious Overlord
- Vicious Overlord
- Sadistic Overlord
- Reworked the following item icons:
- Demon Helmet / Armor / Boots
- Hellion Hood / Jacket / Shoes
- Fiend Cowl / Robe / Sandals
- Reworked the following spell icons:
- Spirit Animal (Rampant Staff)
- Ice Crystal (Permafrost Prism)
- Capped volume and frequency for repeated Tome of Insight use - now similar to that of Silver Bags
- [Mobile] Windows can be closed by swiping them horizontally toward edge of screen
- [Mobile] Travel destination text input now selects first entry in filtered list
Combat Balance Changes
- Removed the Arcane Purge ability
- Added new W-slot ability: Mimic (all Arcane Staffs):
- Temporarily get access to a W-Slot ability of another player. The ability you can mimic depends on the target's equipped weapon.
- List of available abilities:
- Arcane Staffs: Mimic (i.e. you keep the ability and nothing happens)
- Axes: Raging Blades
- Bows: Ray of Light
- Crossbows: Noise Eraser
- Cursed Staffs: Armor Piercer
- Daggers: Chain Slash
- Fire Staffs: Wall of Flames
- Frost Staffs: Frost Nova
- Hammers: Inertia Ring
- Holy Staffs: Holy Orb
- Maces: Snare Charge
- Nature Staffs: Protection of Nature
- Quarterstaffs: Forceful Swing
- Spears: Deflecting Spin
- Swords: Splitting Slash
- Void (Malevolent Locus):
- Channel Duration: 6s → 5s
- Area Starting Radius: 3m → 2m
- Area End Radius: 10m → 8m
- Frost Shot (all Bows):
- Added a 0.3s Cast Time
- Ray of Light (all Bows):
- Cooldown: 10s → 14s
- Magic Arrow (Warbow):
- Standtime: 0.2s → 0.4s
- Damage vs Mobs (close range): 156.11 → 184.00
- Damage vs Mobs (max. range): 211.21 → 257.00
- Haunting Screams (Cursed Skull):
- After selecting the cast position, the move direction can now be selected independently
- Area Duration: 6s → 5s
- Area Move Distance 5m → 15m
- Area Move Speed: 0.83 m/s → 2.26 m/s
- Cast Time: 0.8s → 0.4s
- Tick Interval: every 1s → every 0.5s
- Damage per tick: 43.88 → 25.00
- Additional damage vs players per tick: 2% of max health → 1.2% of max health
- Multiple areas can now be stacked again
- Chain Slash (all Daggers):
- Damage: 150 → 120
- Bloodthirsty Blade (One-handed Dagger):
- Damage vs Mobs: 60 → 30
- Lunging Stabs (Bloodletter):
- Range: 13m → 11m
- The cooldown reduction is now only applied when hitting an enemy player below 40% (can no longer be triggered by a mob)
- Ghost Strike (Deathgivers):
- Invisibility: 3s → 2s
- Invisibility is now canceled when activating any ability
- Ignite (all Fire Staffs):
- Enemy Health Threshold for the buff: 20% → 40%
- Pyroblast (One-Handed Fire Staff):
- Cast Time: 2s → 1.5s
- Iron Breaker (all Hammers):
- Hit delay: 0.4s → 0.35s
- Standtime: 0.5s → 0.45s
- Power Geyser (all Hammers):
- Cooldown: 9s → 8s
- Hit delay: 0.45s → 0.4s
- Standtime: 0.6s → 0.5s
- Grasp of the Undead (Tombhammer):
- Hit delay: 0.5s → 0.35s
- Standtime: 0.6s → 0.5s
- Removed Flash Heal (all Holy Staffs)
- Added a new Q-slot ability, Holy Flash:
- Heals up to 5 allies by 34 health each in a 4m radius. The healing gets stronger the more allies are healed. Each additional ally increases the healing by 10%
- Cast Time: 0.8s
- Cooldown: 0s
- Moved Smite from the W-slot to the Q-slot (all Holy Staffs)
- Adjusted spell unlock order
- Always Unlocked:
- Generous Heal
- Sacred Pulse
- Level 3: Holy Beam
- Level 15: Holy Flash
- Level 40: Holy Blessing
- Level 70: Holy Orb
- Level 85: Reawaken
- Sacred Pulse (all Holy Staffs):
- Removed the Heal over Time
- The area now instantly heals up to 5 allies for 56 and also deals 112 magic damage to enemies
- Hit delay: 0.2s → 0s
- Standtime: 0.2s → 0.5s
- Self-Healing Sickness (all Holy Staffs):
- Now requires fewer casts to activate
- Debuff Duration: 10s → 18s
- Healing Reduction: 25% → 40%
- Thorns (all Nature Staffs):
- Damage on normal attacks: 52 → 56
- Reflected damage: 12 → 8
- Revitalize (all Nature Staffs):
- Added a 0.5s delay before the first tick
- Damage now further decreases the channel time (Disruption factor: 5 → 10)
- Self-Healing Sickness (all Nature Staffs):
- Now requires fewer casts to activate
- Healing Reduction: 25% → 40%
- Circle of Life (One-Handed Nature Staff):
- 0 Stacks Heal: 91 → 107
- 1 Stack Heal: 114 → 133
- 2 Stacks Heal: 148 → 173
- 3 Stacks Heal: 193 → 227
- Cast Time: 1s → 0.7s
- Well of Life (Wild Staff):
- Area Duration: 10s → 6s
- Heal per tick: 26.89 → 46.00
- Max Targets: 5 → 10
- Energy cost: 20 → 18
- Fatal Blade (Black Monk Staff):
- Cooldown 1200 IP: 18s → 22s
- Cooldown 1700 IP: 16s → 20s
- Harpoon (Spirit Hunter):
- Cooldown: 25s → 20s
- Growing Rage (Royal Hood):
- Damage increase per stack: 6% → 5%
- Retaliate (Hunter Hood):
- Reflected Damage: 100% → 70%
- Purging Shield (Mage Robe):
- Duration: 5s → 4s
- Obsessive Burst (Druid Robe):
- Max Stack: 8 → 6
- Buff strength per stack: 7% → 6%
- Cooldown: 60s → 45s
- Levitate (Cultist Robe):
- Removed the physical damage immunity
- Instead, physical and magic resistance are increased by 0.50 during the channel
- The channel duration is now also reduced when taking damage
- Added a 0.5s delay before the first tick
- Tick Interval: 0.5s → 1s
- Healing and Energy per tick: 3% → 5%
- Number of ticks: 10 → 5
- Taunt (all Plate Armors):
- Bonus Damage when used on players: 30% → 10%
- Resistance Reduction when used on players: -20% → -10%
- Requite (Armor of Valor):
- The effect no longer stacks
- Removed the Healing Reduction debuff
- Instead, the reflect now silences enemies for 2s and slows them by 20% for 3s
- Removed the DoT; instead, every reflect deals 50 damage directly
- Channel Duration: 7s → 3s
- Vengeful Sprint (Demon Boots):
- Cooldown: 30s → 60s
- Vanisher (Undead Cape):
- Activation Health Threshold: 25% → 15%
- Sticky Potions:
- Cooldown: 120s → 100s
- Projectile Speed: 25 → 40
- Removed the indication area before impact
- Invisibility Potions:
- Now also reduces damage by 50%, which lasts two seconds longer than the invisibility
- Invisibility Duration increased by 1s
- Raven Scream and Reactive Scream (Morgana Raven):
- No longer inflict Fear on mounted enemies
- AoE Escalation max bonus: 100% → 70%
- Maximum Ability Damage Increase from buffs: +150% → +100%
- Spell fixes:
- Self-ignition is no longer canceled when the caster receives damage immunity, as intended
- Raging Storm (Bow of Badon) now inflicts damage on enemies casting uninterruptible spells, as intended
- Final tick of Cataclysm (Damnation Staff) now does the same amount of damage as other ticks
- Fixed an issue where Hunting Instinct (Snow Husky) could accidentally be cancelled if activated while moving
- The Tier 8 versions of the Earthmother and Harvester now count toward their respective achievements.as intended
- Fixed a bug that caused auto-attack weapon impacts to sound dull in PvP
- Fixed an issue where "Reset Camera" would not work correctly while on islands
- [Mobile] Fixed an issue where the bottom tab's positioning of craft and store building windows could be off-screen on max. scaling
- Numerous additional graphical, animation, terrain, audio, UI, and localization fixes